Datalogics Announces FLIP2PDF 2.0 with Enhanced PostScript to PDF Conversion OptionsDatalogics is excited to announce new updates for FLIP2PDF, an application that converts PostScript files, Microsoft Office documents, HTML, and graphics files into standard PDF documents.
Datalogics is excited to announce new updates for FLIP2PDF, a versatile command-line application that converts PostScript files, Microsoft Office documents, HTML, and graphics files into standard PDF documents. With FLIP2PDF, users can create uniform output content, allowing them to deliver a consistent customer experience. FLIP2PDF is available for Linux and Windows 64-bit platforms, and users can install the software on local hardware or on a cloud computing server to configure and run automated or ad-hoc conversion requests using a command-line interface.
This new update is FLIP2PDF version 2.0.0. The new features of this update include:
- FLIP2PDF now uses PDF Converter 3.2 stable releases. This release includes PDF Converter 3.2.0PlusP1f.
- With this release, the FLIP2PDF docker image version has been increased to 2.0.
- Added ability to specify a joboptions file. This file can be used to finetune the PostScript to PDF conversion.
Some examples of what the joboptions file can control include:
- Page size
- Font embedding behavior
- Color Conversion Strategy
- Rendering Intents
- PDF/A and PDF/X Conversions
This new feature is available as part of the API as well as the command-line interface.
A few use cases for the joboptions feature include
- Preflighting: Before printing, converting PostScript files to PDF/X files can subject them to preflight checks, ensuring that the file meets the specified standards. Preflighting tools can detect potential issues and allow for corrections before the printing process
- Printing: Printers often receive files in PostScript format. Converting them to optimized PDFs ensures accurate rendering of colors, fonts, and layouts before printing.
- Archiving: Converting PostScript to PDF/A, the archival version of PDF, ensures long-term document preservation with embedded fonts and metadata.
FLIP2PDF is available for a free trial - download it here!
Datalogics, Inc. provides a complete SDK for PDF creation, manipulation and management for companies around the globe. Built on Adobe source code, our flagship product Adobe® PDF Library offers a choice of programming platforms and languages along with unsurpassed customer service, proven by our 94% customer retention rate. Datalogics offers…Read more