Industry Working Groups
The various Working Groups of the PDF Association reflect the diverse range of subjects and constituencies we serve. Community activities include:
- Promoting exchange between developers focusing in various subdomains
- Oversight and policies for industry-accepted validation software such as veraPDF
- Research and development of new PDF extensions and use cases
- Development of industry standards, best practices, test suites and other aides to interoperability
- Developing informational resources for PDF developers and users
Technical Working Group (TWG)
Defining the future of the PDF imaging model.
PDF support for engineering applications.
Exploring pathways to expressing PDF content in HTML.
Video, audio and interactive media in PDF.
Reusing PDF content, including “well-tagged” PDF.
Advancing forms technology in PDF.
Digital signing and validation.
Raster PDF from imaging systems, including ISO 23504.
Accessible PDF, including oversight of ISO 14289.
Liaison Working Group (LWG)
Synchronizing PDF/A and PDF/X.
Formalizing common understandings on processing tagged PDF.
Archiving email using PDF.
User requirements for PDF in engineering applications.
Supporting generation of tagged PDF directly from LaTeX.
Marketing Working Group (MWG)
ISO / ANSI Standards Groups
Promoting awareness of StratML.
Best practices on managing ESI.
US mirror committee for ISO/TC 171/SC 2/WG 12
US mirror committee for ISO/TC 171/SC 2/WG 11.
US mirror committee for ISO/TC 171/SC 2/WG 10.
US mirror committee for ISO/TC 171/SC 2/WG 9.
US mirror committee for ISO/TC 171/SC 2/WG 8.
US mirror committee for ISO/TC 171/SC 2/WG 7.
US mirror committee for ISO/TC 171/SC 2/WG 5.